Utility Information – Electric/Gas/Water/Sewer 

Below you will find information about assorted utilities and services for the Town of Severance.  Click through the tabs to find assorted information and links to utility providers for residents and businesses.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Town Hall at 970-686-1218.

Pay My Water Bill Online Instructions for Setting Up Online Payments

The Town of Severance provides water and sewer services for residential and business users in the area and bills customers monthly by the last business day of every month.  Bills are due by the 15th of the month following the billing. Payments may be made online by clicking the blue button above, in person at Severance Town Hall, or by mail addressed to P.O. Box 339 Severance CO 80546.  After hours payments can be placed in the drop box on the north side of Town Hall.


Shut Off Notices

If payment is not received for two consecutive months, you will receive a Shut Off Notice. This notice will reflect the total amount due and a final payment/shut off date. A reconnect fee of $50 will be charged to you if your service is shut off. It must be paid before your water service will be turned back on.


Red Tag Door Hanger

If payment is not received prior to the shut off date, a door hanger will be placed on the property indicating the date and time the shut off will occur.


Water & Sewer Rates

Water meters are read each month to determine your water usage.

Note: Residences in the subdivisions of Belmont Farms, Bridal Hill/Saddler Ridge, Casa Loma, Golden Eagle Acres, Hidden Valley Farm, and Soaring Eagle Ranch receive their water from North Weld County Water District.

Note: Residences in the subdivisions of Belmont Farms, Casa Loma, Golden Eagle Acres, Settler’s Landing, and Soaring Eagle Ranch are on septic systems. Residences in the subdivision of Bridal Hill/Saddler Ridge are a part of the Saddler Ridge Metro District.



Water Rates

Rates viewable HERE.

  • $15.45 base fee
  • $3.60 per 1000 gallons
  • $10.80 per 1000 gallons for usage over annual allotment

Current Water Rates can be viewed HERE.

Please Note: Additional water surcharges and plant investment fees will be assessed for accounts that exceed usage classification.The allotment on your account may vary due to the usage classification of your property.

  • The Water allotment for a standard tap in Tailholt Subdivision due to a non-potable dual system is 61,500 gallons per.
  • The Water allotment for a standard tap in Hunters Crossing, The Overlook and Severance Shores Subdivisions due to a non-potable dual system is 68,333 gallons per.
  • The Water allotment for a standard tap in all other subdivisions is 205,000 gallons per.




Sewer Rate

  • $27.00 per month base fee minimum (assessed yearly in March)

You may view the Sewer Rates HERE.




Water Quality Reports

Electric services are supplied by one of two companies for most locations in Severance.  Links to their websites can be found below.



Natural gas is supplied to area residents and businesses by:


Trash removal and recycling services are provided by independent companies.  Before engaging with any trash companies, we recommend checking with your Home Owners Association, as some neighborhoods contract services for all residents within the HOA.


Water is a valuable resource that we often take for granted. Here in Severance, we are living at the edge of what was once called the Great American Desert. Slightly more than half of all the water that we use is not for drinking, cooking, or bathing, but instead it is used outside of our houses for our yards and recreation. This is why we must be conscious of our outdoor water usage, and we must take measures to conserve this precious resource. The town has long-range plans to preserve and conserve our water resources now and in the future.

The town is currently working on a Water Conservation Plan that will  be approved by the Colorado Water Conservation Board. This plan will be implemented and includes a wide variety of water conservation measures to assist all of us in conserving the town’s water supply.  The 2017 Draft Water Conservation Plan can be found below.

Helpful Resources

Please report street light outages directly to the appropriate power company.  Links to Xcel & Poudre Valley REA online forms can be found below.

Xcel Energy  Poudre Valley REA  

Jakob Sutton

Contact Me

3 S. Timber Ridge Parkway
Severance, CO 80550

Office: (970) 686-1218
8:00am – 5:00pm

Translate »