The Town Clerk provides customer service to citizens, elected officials, and staff in the form of information, ordinances, resolutions, minutes and record keeping protecting the Town’s interest through communication and public education.



  • Clerk to the Town Board/Commissions – The Clerk provides general support to the Town Board; preparing agendas, attending, recording and composing minutes for Town Board meetings.  The Clerk also processes legislative actions such as ordinances and resolutions; and maintaining the Town’s Municipal Code.
  • Public Hearings & Meetings – The Clerk is responsible for scheduling and notifying of Public Hearings and meetings.
  • Planning Applications – Per State Statute and local municipal code, it is the duty of the Clerk to accept certain planning applications. These applications include, but are not limited to, Annexations and appeals or variances.
  • Elections – Elections administration involves everything from voter registration to administration of the election.
  • Liquor Licensing – Liquor licensing involves everything from accepting liquor license applications to processing the applications.
  • Business & Sales Tax Licensing – Business and sales tax licensing involves issuing the initial business license for vendors doing business within the Town of Severance and sending out renewals for the licenses each year.
  • Dog Licensing – The Town requires that all residents license their dogs.  This license is renewed annually.
  • Records Management – The Clerk is responsible for Records Management for the Town of Severance. This includes, but is not limited to, processing public notices, CORA requests, and Board and Commission agendas, minutes, and packets in a timely manner.
  • Risk Management – This function is responsible for the Town’s Property and Casualty and Worker’s Compensation Insurance.
  • Financial Document Review – To assure proper internal control, the Clerk reviews all financial documents and is involved in the preparation of the annual budget and provides input to all financial matters to the Town Administrator.


Forms Handled by Town Clerk

All Colorado Open Records Act (CORA) Requests must be provided in writing and will be accessed a research and retrieval fee of $30.00 per/hour after the first hour.

Contact Us

Michael Jenner
Town Clerk
Contact Me

3 S. Timber Ridge Parkway
Severance, CO 80550

Office: (970) 686-1218

8:00am – 5:00pm

Translate »