Where is Town Hall located?
3 S. Timber Ridge Parkway- at the corner of WCR 74 and Timber Ridge Parkway Way.
What are the Town Hall hours?

Monday through Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m with a closure for lunch from Noon until 1 PM

What is the mailing address, phone number and fax number for Town Hall?

Town of Severance
PO Box 339
Severance, CO 80546

Phone:  970-686-1218 
Fax:      970-686-6250

How do I drop something off at Town Hall after hours?

There is a drop box at the north side of the Town Hall.

Who Provides Internet in Town?

Currently there are six internet providers in Town:

Why are my mailing address and physical address different?

Severance has four zip codes. The Severance Post Office does not have delivery, only post office boxes. For home delivery or to cluster boxes your mailing address will be Severance and will have the Severance, Windsor, Ault or Eaton zip code, depending on what part of Severance you live in.

If you have a Post Office box in Severance your mailing address will be Severance CO 80546.

The Baldridge subdivision receives mail delivery through the Eaton Post Office – zip code 80615. If you live in the Baldridge subdivision your mailing address will be Severance CO 80615

Belmont Farms subdivision receives mail delivery through the Ault Post Office – zip code of 80610. If you live in the Belmont subdivision your mailing address will be Severance CO 80610.

All other addresses in Severance receiving mail delivery are through the Windsor Post Office – zip code 80550 and will have a mailing address of Severance CO 80550.

Are pets required to be licensed?

Yes, dogs only. Dog licenses are $9.00 if they have been spayed or neutered and $13.00 if they have not been altered. Proof of a current rabies vaccine must be presented at time of licensing.  Licenses expire each year on December 31.

Does the Town handle trash pickup?

No. Trash pickup is handled by independent companies. Please see your local phone book.

Does the Town have a sales tax? If so, what is the rate?

Yes. The sales tax rate is 3%.

The fee for a sales tax license is $10.00 and it expires on December 31.

Applications may be picked up at the Town Hall.

We are a statutory town and sales tax is remitted with your state sales tax return.

Does the Town require a Business License?

Yes. A Business license is required for all businesses within the city limits of Severance.

The fee for a business license is $25.00. The license is renewable annually and expires on December 31.

Applications can be picked up at the Town Hall or a form can be filled out online.

Does the Town require building permits?

Yes. Building permits are required for, but not limited to, houses, buildings, decks, roofs/re-roofing, some fences, fireplaces, sprinkler systems, remodeling, basement finishes, garages, sheds, and installation of heat/air systems.

Since permits vary, please visit our Planning Services link and click on permits for details or call the Town Hall at 970-686-1218.

What is the phone number for the Severance Post Office?

Severance Post Office – 970-686-2697

Town Hall

Contact Us

3 S. Timber Ridge Parkway
Severance, CO 80550

Office: (970) 686-1218
8:00am – 5:00pm

Translate »