Monday 70°FTuesday 92°F
The Town Clerk provides customer service to citizens, elected officials, and staff in the form of information, ordinances, resolutions, minutes and record keeping protecting the Town’s interest through communication and public education.
- Clerk to the Town Board/Commissions – The Clerk provides general support to the Town Board; preparing agendas, attending, recording and composing minutes for Town Board meetings. The Clerk also processes legislative actions such as ordinances and resolutions; and maintaining the Town’s Municipal Code.
- Public Hearings & Meetings – The Clerk is responsible for scheduling and notifying of Public Hearings and meetings.
- Planning Applications – Per State Statute and local municipal code, it is the duty of the Clerk to accept certain planning applications. These applications include, but are not limited to, Annexations and appeals or variances.
- Elections – Elections administration involves everything from voter registration to administration of the election.
- Liquor Licensing – Liquor licensing involves everything from accepting liquor license applications to processing the applications.
- Business & Sales Tax Licensing – Business and sales tax licensing involves issuing the initial business license for vendors doing business within the Town of Severance and sending out renewals for the licenses each year.
- Dog Licensing – The Town requires that all residents license their dogs. This license is renewed annually.
- Records Management – The Clerk is responsible for Records Management for the Town of Severance. This includes, but is not limited to, processing public notices, CORA requests, and Board and Commission agendas, minutes, and packets in a timely manner.
- Human Resources – The Clerk is responsible for everything from job descriptions, employment advertising, scheduling interviews and benefits, including health insurance, retirement and supplemental insurance options.
- Risk Management – This function is responsible for the Town’s Property and Casualty and Worker’s Compensation Insurance.
- Financial Document Review – To assure proper internal control, the Clerk reviews all financial documents and is involved in the preparation of the annual budget and provides input to all financial matters to the Town Administrator and Assistant Town Administrator.
PO Box 339
Severance, CO 80546