Tuesday 79°FWednesday 82°F
Position Title: Maintenance Worker
Department: Public Works
Reports To: Public Works Director
Supervision Exercised: None
Salary: $34,000-$37,000 DOQ
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Works under the direct supervision of the Public Works Director and Town Administration
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Work in and around raw sewage/wastewater.
- Work in and around underground utilities.
- Manual digging and excavating
- Maintain parks and park facilities, performing necessary landscaping and grounds keeping work.
- Upkeep and cleaning of all Town facilities and restrooms.
- Respond to water, sewer, and emergency calls on weekends and determine course of action.
- Clear minor sewer blockages and call in help for larger problems.
- Make repairs to and maintains Town buildings; perform janitorial work; set up for meetings; move furniture.
- Set up street barricades for special events, clean litter, maintain litter containers and street furniture.
- Assist other maintenance employees in performing repairs/maintenance of streets, water/wastewater pipelines and other facilities.
- Clean clogged storm drain basins.
- Clean and maintain equipment used in the course of work.
- Perform general street maintenance; such as repairing potholes, paint street markings, and perform street sign maintenance.
- Traffic control flag person duties.
- Fill out accurate work orders and track parts usage.
- Follow all safety policies of the Public Works Department.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Physical Demands: Required to use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms; frequently required to stand; talk or hear; walk; sit; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; frequently lift and/or move up to 25-50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Work Environment: General indoor and outdoor maintenance, streets and alleys, waste water, water, grounds keeping, utility locates, meter installation/reading and other assorted duties
- Equipment Used: Operates trucks, light to heavy equipment, and other motorized equipment, including lawnmowers, tractors, loaders, and backhoes. Operates hand and power tools, including trimmers and blowers.
Education and/or Experience
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- One year general public works and/or maintenance experience preferred
- Experience with heavy equipment operations preferred
- Previous municipal government experience is desirable
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must possess a Class B CDL drivers license
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen
***Please either deliver or send a cover letter, resume and references to Nicholas Wharton, Assistant Town Administrator.
This description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skill, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making compensation decisions. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement with the employer and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and the requirements change.
PO Box 339
Severance, CO 80546